Sunday 4 January 2009

The last 2 days have been pretty busy - Gary is making steady progress with the kitchen but mealtimes require quite a lot of planning! I've been trying to get a bit of work done ready for first day back in the office on Monday. I've got quite a busy week ahead, with fieldwork on Wednesday and Thursday evenings. Yesterday's walk with Boris was quite dramatic. I hadn't remembered there was a shoot on, and while we were out Boris found an injured bird up on 70 acres. I tried really hard to get him to drop it but he wasn't hearing me at all - I guess Nature took over. I wasn't brave enough to check out the damage (and deal with it if necessary) so I had to call Gary to come out to us. When he arrived it was clear the bird was well and truly dead. Before he got to us I bumped into Maria's son and his girlfriend, walking Elvis. Elvis had done exactly the same thing and that bird needed checking too. Gary confirmed it was dead and since both were hens he decided to bring them home. They're now hanging in the potting shed waiting for him to prepare and cook them! I won't be eating them but I'm pleased they won't go to waste. Today's walk was without incident - but bitterly cold; snow is forecast later!
 
Last night I had a very high calorie dinner - curry; the last for a while I think!! I'm wondering how I can make up for the daily dog walks once I get back into 10 hour days and a 3 hour round trip commute. I'll be able to keep up the walks on weekends but in the week I leave and get back in the dark.......I am going to try when I can to manage at least a walk around the village (1 mile) before bed, but I'm not sure I'll manage it on evenings when I do groups. I'm going to be using the Wii when I can as well - doing the training programmes. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment